Hiding Results

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Great web part that works a treat, but is it possible to either hide the results/chart to everyone apart from the administrator, or hide them until the poll has closed?   If not, this would be a great addition.  Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will add it to the 0.4 feature set if you can specify it a little bit more.
What should the user see if this option is enabled? A message like "thanks for voting, the results will be available when the poll period is ended"?
I guess it would be nice if you would be able to custimize the message?

Regards,

Edwin

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Edited Feb 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Hi Edwin

Thanks for your response.

We developed an ASP/Flash poll feature for our intranet a few years ago.  Our MD used it for our employee of the month competition but wanted to announce the winner in our monthly meetings.  There were also some polls where we did not want to influence people votes by giving them access to view the current results.  For this reason, our feature had the following options for displaying of results:

1. Always show results
  2. Only show results after voting (Same as SPUserPoll)
  3. Only show results when poll is closed
  4. Never show results (Only administrator can view results)

As you suggested, a message like "thanks for voting, the results will be available when the poll period is ended" would be great for option (3) and even better, if it had the date it was ending or a customisable message.  For option 4 you could have something simple like "thanks for voting", or again, better still a customisable message where you could put something like "thanks for voting, the results will be announced in the next meeting".

Any development would be much appreciated, and would definitely add value to an already great web part.

Thanks & Regards,

Gareth

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 6:51 AM
Gareth,

Thanks for your detailed information.
I will take it into development for the 0.4 version.

Regards,

Edwin