Managing Poll Error

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:37 PM
When I click on the manage poll link to add questions, or on the manage responses link I get this type of error.  I don't think its a permission issue because I'm a farm admin and I can manually add the records.  Might be a managed path issue but I'm not sure - do you know?

Application error when access /sites/Test/Lists/SPUserPoll answers/AllItems.aspx, Error=Value does not fall within the expected range.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(String strUrl, Boolean includeQueryString, Boolean canonicalizeUrl)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(String strUrl)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetItem(String strUrl, Boolean bFile, Boolean cacheRowsetAndId)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.EnsureCurrentFolderInfo()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.get_EffectiveFolderPermissions()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.DoesUserHavePermissions(SPBasePermissions permissionMask, Boolean checkFolder)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.RightsSensitiveVisibilityHelper.UserHasRights(PermissionContext permissionContext, SPBa... 
...sePermissions permissions, PermissionMode permissionMode, SPContext context, SPWeb contextWeb, SPList contextList)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.RightsSensitiveVisibilityHelper.ShouldBeVisible(PermissionContext permissionContext, SPBasePermissions permissions, PermissionMode permissionMode, PageModes pageModes, AuthenticationRestrictions authenticationRestrictions, SPContext renderContext, SPList contextList)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.MenuItemTemplate.OnPreRender(EventArgs args)     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     ... 
...at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2009 at 6:24 AM
Hello Semmons,

Thanks for your reply and detailed error log.
Do you use a WSS or Moss environment? I will try to raise the error on my own environment so that it's possible to fix the error.

Regards,

Edwin
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2009 at 6:25 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jan 27, 2009 at 5:50 PM
This happens in both a WSS environment and a MOSS environment.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM
Hi Semmons.
I was able to reproduce the error. There was an error in the querystring url being opened when you pressed the link.

It should be fixed in the 0.2.2 version I have just released.
Let me know if it does the job for you.

Regards,

Edwin
Jan 27, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Yup - its fixed...thanks for the quick work.  I love the installer too!
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! 
There was a small issue with the current download. I will release the 2.2 version again in the next hour. Be sure to upgrade the current install to that release.

All credits for the installer go to the installer project at http://www.codeplex.com/sharepointinstaller
A lot more sharepoint projects should use it :)