Exception error (only once so far)

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Well done on this web part, it's the best free polling web part I've tried yet, it does exactly what we need. I've just installed it recently, I loaded a page with this and several other parts on and got this error, I think the error originates from SPUserPoll. Just thought I'd post it in case it wasn't a one-off but is difficult to recreate. Refreshing the page was fine. It's installed on WSS3SP1 and stores the images in memory.

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14

Description:

An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

[COMException (0x80040e14): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14]

Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetAllRolesForCurrentUser(String bstrUrl, Guid guidScopeId, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarRoleData) +0

Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetAllRolesForCurrentUser(String bstrUrl, Guid guidScopeId, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarRoleData) +143

[SPException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14]

Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetAllRolesForCurrentUser(String bstrUrl, Guid guidScopeId, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarRoleData) +191

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurableObjectImpl.get_AllRolesForCurrentUser() +151

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_AllRolesForCurrentUser() +44

SPUserPoll.Business.Components.User.HasDesignerRights() +49

SPUserPoll.Presentation.WebParts.PollDisplayWebPart.get_UserIsDesigner() +20

SPUserPoll.Presentation.WebParts.UserControls.PollAdminMenu.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +28

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141

System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +265

System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +80

SPUserPoll.Presentation.WebParts.PollDisplayWebPart.CreateChildControls() +695

System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44

System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Hi. Please check this post, it's the same error. I did not receive a reply if this really fixes the problems: http://spuserpoll.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=48781